Heels and Soles
Replacing the heels and soles on your worn shoes or boots is the best way to save money. Cheap plastic shoes should be thrown away after use. Good quality leather boots or shoes should always have the soles and heels replaced when needed. Not only do you have a safe and comfortable shoe, you will save money in the process.
Quality leather shoes will last many years with proper care and maintenance. Your best friend is a good local shoe cobbler. He can keep your valued comfortable shoes or boots looking new.
Palace Shoe Service in Rockford has been selling, building, and repairing shoes and boots since 1926. At our Shoe Repair Shop, quality workmanship is everything.
Any part of a shoe can be replaced or refurbished:
- Heels made of leather or rubber.
- Insoles (foot beds) can be replaced or purchased.
- Heel Base can be replaced if there are signs of wear.
- Soles sometimes require all or half replacements.
- High Heels of all sizes can be repaired or replaced.
- Welt binds the sole with the shoe upper.
- Shoe stretches can make tight shoes or boots comfortable.
- Sole protectors protect the leather heel.
- Cleaning, dying, repairing, and shinning work boots, boots, or shoes are a common event at Palace Shoe Repair.
One of the biggest problems we see is people who do not replace their heels when they get worn. This is terrible for a persons’ posture and can leed to lower back and leg pain. We believe that it is important that someone keeps the heels and soles on one’s shoe in tip top condition. We have been replacing heels and soles for almost a hundred years now at the same main street location. We are family owned. We believe no one on can beat our quality workmanship. Just think for a minute we have had happy customers coming here for over 90 years. How many shoe repair shops can match that.